Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cameron's First T-ball Game


Cameron has been begging to play baseball for a year now. We told him we would sign him up when he turned 5. Well on July 19th he turned 5 and was all set to play. We signed him up through our local YMCA and Greg signed up to be an assistant coach. Well as there are never enough volunteers, Greg got assigned "coach" without an assistant for Cameron's team. Their team colors are red and their name is the Lookouts (after a minor league team). The kids were not crazy about the name Lookouts, so they voted to call themselves the Flames. They have one practice and one game a week for 8 weeks. After a summer drought we have been battling the rain these first few weeks of the season. Greg's coaches clinic was cancelled due to weather (nothing like getting thrown in to a new volunteer situation without training). The boys only got to practice one time before their first scheduled game. The game itself almost got rained out, but God saw fit to push the pause button on the rainfall. The sun came out and the Flames and the Bats were able to play their game. Grandma and Grandpa came up to see Cameron play and the girls took a step back from their usual chance to shine in order to support their brother. Mollie was not crazy about being outside in the heat and Mackenzie died a thousand deaths trying to be patient enough to sit through a 1hour long little league game. I thought the team did a great job. I expected an hour of ant like activity, but it was fairly organized. Greg and Cameron both loved participating. Cameron is a sharp looking ball player...even if he was swimming in that giant uniform. Way to go #8! Can't wait for the next game!

3 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Way to go Cameron!! You look sharp in your uniform, especially with your batting helmut on!! You looked great with your baseball mit standing ready to catch a ball!! Way to swing that bat!! Papa and I can hardly wait to come and see you play ball! Good job coaching there, Dad! Hey, Mollie and Mackenzie can I share your umbrella when I come, I like shade too!!! Well, Mom, this is a whole new experience for you as well!!! Go #8!! Love you'll, Nana and Papa

pat said...

This was such a fun weekend...seeing Cameron play brough back sooo many memories of watching Greg play his sports. Glad we got to be part of it. I'm so proud of Greg for stepping into the coach role- all the kids will benefit from his patient guidance and love of the game. Go # 8 and Go Flames!
Love, Grandma

Patricia said...

looks like fun-Pat T says "he stands just like a little man". Could you Email me the blog site-I would love to see pics of the kids.
Love ya, Val King vtktx@aol.com