Sunday, November 1, 2009
Happy Halloween!
We had a festive Halloween and really got to enjoy it since it fell on a Saturday. Not nearly as rushed as it usually is. Cameron dressed as a baseball player, Mackenzie went as a rock star, and Mollie a cheerleader. Take notice of the boots the girls are wearing. They have been begging for these popular boots that all the girls are wearing. With the way their feet grow and the fact that we live in Texas (not exactly winter boot wearing weather) I can never see spending money on boots. Well the girls have lots of dance costumes left from dance team last year. I told them if they would consider wearing a costume they already had then they could spend their Halloween costume money on boots. Guess what choice they made?...smart girls! They get that from their Mom who would pick a fun pair of shoes too ;) Plus the costume you wear once, but the shoes are an accessory that keep on giving! Greg had a good time taking them door to door now that they are older and need less help. I had fun handing out candy to the neighborhood kids and squeezing in a few minutes of paranormal shows. The kids came home each with a full jack o lantern bucket of candy. Now what are we going to do with all this candy? After the kids went to bed, Greg and I enjoyed some meatloaf sandwiches and oven baked fries while watching Halloween. The classic old movie is cheesy I know, but tradition. We ended the evening by sneaking a piece or 2 of candy from the kids treat buckets...they won't miss it right? ;)
Labels:
Pratt Pack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great costumes everyone, way to use your imaginations!! I especially like the baseball hat, Cameron; the microphone, Mackenzie; and the colorful pompom, Mollie. I think that you girls made a good choice in buying the boots and then being creative in making up your costumes. Now, you will be able to wear your boots for the rest of the winter. Papa really liked your creative choice of costumes! Everyone looked like they were having a great time!! I don't think that watching the movie, Halloween was such a cheesy movie to watch, in my day we always watched the movie, Psycho. I'm glad that everyone had a great Halloween and that there was an addtional hour of sleep to be enjoyed as an extra treat!!
Post a Comment