Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009













Thanksgiving dinner was held at our home this year.  The girls made the place cards for the table setting.  Mackenzie helped make the best "mashed" potatoes I have ever tasted, and she asked her Aunt Risa to help her decorate her Pumpkin Patch cupcakes that we made from her Hello Cupcake Cookbook (Mollie and Emily helped decorate the leftovers).  Cameron and Mollie joined in to help with the cherry salad...which used to be a fruit salad, but with the kids in charge has sense turned into a dreamy, marshmallow concoction (hold the fruit except for a few cherries) famously named "pink stuff".  Cameron and I were sick for the 2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving which was a challenge for me.  I could not have pulled this dinner off if it were not for Greg who willingly helped with the decorating, shopping, and cooking.  Not only did he restring more than 2,000 lights on what was once a prelit Christmas tree, but he also prepared the most amazing turkey!  My only regret is that I did not get a photo of Greg on the back patio in the freezing weather at 5:30 am while he got the bird ready in disposable containers so as to not contaminate my clean kitchen sink!  Yep, he is definitely a keeper!!  I have always loved Thanksgiving, but ever since my Grandma's passing I have felt an increased sense of overwhelming responsibility to provide nourishment for my family not only at Thanksgiving, but all through the year.  2009 has been such an emotional time for everyone in our country.  I am thankful that our family was able to come together with good food and warm hearts in order to give Thanks to God for his many blessings throughout the year.

1 comment:

Nana and Papa said...

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious as usual!! Thanks for hosting such a super meal and a fun time for everyone. We are so thankful for such a warm and loving family!! Much love, Nana and Papa