Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back To School 2010

The kids headed back to Faubion after what seemed like the shortest summer ever!  The girls were stylin' in their new outfits from Justice and Cameron was cool in his new baseball shirt.  With the Woodhollow house under contract, it was bittersweet remembering past back to school mornings and thinking that this may be the last back to school photo taken by the front door (which once was a happy "racing green" color and now is boring white).  We will have to leave the front door behind when we move, but the photo tradition will live on at the new house just with a new door.

At Faubion, we took a picture of the girls in the hall because I did not want to follow the big fifth graders down the hall on their first day of school.  We took Cameron to his class where he instantly was pleased to begin morning work.  We took the round about way out of the building, so we could walk past the 5th grade classes.  Thankfully the girls were seated near the door, so I could snap a quick shot of them starting their last first day of elementary school.  These 2 photos are the last first day photos I will have of them in a school building because as I am told "they don't do that in middle school".  I guess I could try, but that might be borderline "mom stalking"!

My favorite part of the morning was the walk down Woodhollow Lane.  There are not many of those left, so I am savoring every last one of them.  I wonder if the kids will ever realize how lucky they were to have parents that walked them to school every day...some day I guess they will learn that they really are blessed!








2 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Love the outfits!! You'll were all stylin!!
Hugs, Nana

Patricia said...

Such sweet memories! I did the same thing, so I know you'll love having them through the years.