Friday, April 3, 2009
Spring Yardwork
Each year a few weeks before Easter we begin to tidy up the yard. The kids have fun "helping" Greg rake up all the leaves that fall from our live oak trees. Greg rakes and the kids play until Greg has had enough and then all the kids have to help him bag them up.
This year we also put in some new grass after the drought last summer dried out a section off of the patio. After all the hard work of raking leaves, trimming bushes, and bagging up junk... the kids got to go shopping for flowers. I used to always have a yard full of purple flowers until the girls got old enough to have an opinion. Now we have many colors. I still mostly pick out purple, but this year I actually picked out some pink and orange as well. I guess Mollie and Mackenzie are beginning to "rub" off on me. We are already beginning to see butterflies and birds in the backyard and I know the Easter Bunny will enjoy hopping through the colorful yard next week when he drops by to hide some eggs!
Labels:
Pratt Pack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, since everyone seems to be having so much fun, how about coming and doing our yard now!!!!We have lots of leaves!!!! We can hardly wait to see all of the beautiful flower colors. Surely it is time for a really nice semi-warm spring Easter weekend this year, with no cold, rainy, or windy weather. We will see you Easter weekend. Love you, Nana and Papa
Post a Comment