Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Miley Gets Groomed at Home

With our groomer backed up for weeks after being out for surgery, we decided to take grooming matters into our own hands! We went and bought electric grooming clippers. I watched a few online tutorials and thought to myself how hard could it be? Well 4 hours later she had shorter hair, a bath, and a blow dry. She does not look as professional as when she comes home from the groomer, but she is not bald anywhere either ;) I also got tired of how long it takes to blow dry her hair every 2 weeks with my hand held human blower, so Greg went and got me a shop vac with a blower port. I use it only to dry her hair, so it blows clean air. Halfway through the grooming process I thought to myself "what am I doing?", but it was too late to turn back. Guess I can now add the title of dog groomer to my growing list of job descriptions!



1 comment:

Nana and Papa said...

Yes, the things a mother does. You do know that they just recently calculated what a mother's salary would be worth, which was around $135,000 a year, because of all the combined jobs that a mother does!!! I think that Miley looks good and just think of the money you are now saving!!! Well, Shalise, I bet that you never thought "dog grooming" would become one of your jobs when you grew up!!! And just think Mackenzie is getting great lessons on pet care which just might help her out one day, if she still wants to become a Vet!! Love you!!