The kids, Mommy, and cousin Emily attended Camp Edge (Bethany's VBS) this summer. I taught Cameron's 4 year old class. I have been helping in the Children's SS program for years, but this is the first time I have volunteered at Bethany's VBS. It is a massive program and while fun, it can be quite exhausting getting all the kids to all the activities on time. It was a fun yet stressful week with Greg's job change happening at the same time. I was most moved by the site of hundreds of kids taking communion at one time. When you are in the midst of something that powerful all of a sudden job losses and the terrible economy don't matter so much.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Camp Edge...Bethany VBS
The kids, Mommy, and cousin Emily attended Camp Edge (Bethany's VBS) this summer. I taught Cameron's 4 year old class. I have been helping in the Children's SS program for years, but this is the first time I have volunteered at Bethany's VBS. It is a massive program and while fun, it can be quite exhausting getting all the kids to all the activities on time. It was a fun yet stressful week with Greg's job change happening at the same time. I was most moved by the site of hundreds of kids taking communion at one time. When you are in the midst of something that powerful all of a sudden job losses and the terrible economy don't matter so much.
Labels:
Church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment