Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Miley Hosts a Play Date

I can't believe I am the person that swore I was never owning a dog, and some how I got sucked into poodle ownership...or maybe I sucked everyone else into it?  My friend Darla (her older Son is the girls age and her younger son is Cameron's age) came to me months ago for doggy advice because they were thinking about getting a family dog and wanted to learn more about poodles.  I invited her over to see Miley and chat about doggy stuff.  A few weeks later they got their poodle which they named Gunner.  I about fell over one morning when I went to my INBOX and found an email from Darla asking if Gunner could come over to play?  Turns out they wanted to socialize him and thought maybe Miley would want a play date.  I thought I had worn just about every Mommy "hat", but taking time out of my busy Mom schedule to plan a play date for my dog is something I never thought I would do!  Turns out Gunner had a blast, Miley was worn out by the puppy energy, and Darla and I enjoyed a nice visit.  Just for the record I DON'T have too much free time...I was just being nice!  Seriously though...a doggy play date!

1 comment:

Nana and Papa said...

I mean seriously, a play date with dogs!! I have heard it all now!! Love, Mom